NDIS Medication Management Course
2.5 hours of Professional Learning • Facilitated Online • Cost $290
Facilitated by pharmacist and current NDIS auditor, Magda will explore and guide learners through the requirements of Division 4.3 from the Core Module, ‘Management of Medicines’.
Who Should Attend?
All NDIS Providers, key personnel and staff (persons employed or otherwise engaged by a provider) who would like to learn more about how to identify, manage, respond to and report on an incident.
Magdalena Terlecka has over 20 years of experience as a pharmacist in public and private hospitals and spent a large part of her career involved in safety and quality improvement.
Magda is a current NDIS and DIAS auditor and has experience assessing across the health and human services.
Course objectives for learners:
- Administer medicines safely
- Understand the difference between administration of medicines versus supporting clients with their medicines
- Identify and differentiate medicines by their brand and generic names
- Find quality information about the effects of the medicine
- Follow common medicine instructions
- Identify where to find help with medicine information
- List the ‘6 Rights of Medicine Administration’
- Implement safe and appropriate storage of medicines
- Identify storage conditions for all medicines
- Describe how to store medicines out of reach of children
- Develop and maintain effective medicine records
- Include important details
- Monitor effects of medicines
- Know what steps to take in the event of an incident involving medication
- Find information about the side-effects of the medicine
- Establish processes to prevent errors or incidents
- List common causes of medicine errors
Payment is required prior to course (Class size limited).
Currently we do not take payments online. You can pay as follows:
By Direct Deposit (preferred): EFT details will be supplied on the tax invoice.
By Credit Card: Details will be supplied on the tax invoice.
By Purchase Order: email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
After receiving your application a Tax Invoice (with eft details), will be emailed out with a confirmation letter.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation fees apply for late cancellations and ‘no shows’.